About Me

Birzebbuga, Malta
This is a New Blog to show what there is above and below the Little rock in the Med.. I am not a professional photographer, I just like taking pictures and showing people what its like here.

Saturday 4 July 2009

No Smoking .....

Thats it, I have had enough of the Little Nicotine stick taking over my life........well this could be true for most people, but for me its not.....

I have been on this wonderful get healthy and stay fit regime.... all to do with the doctor telling me that one day i will die.....wait there doc.... so will everyone else....

I have high Cholestral, i need to stop eating fat.... good god.... no more cream cakes, no more Lattes...argghhhhhh...

anyway i digress, with all of this Healthy eating and the gym work i have been doing, i though, in my wisdom.. that giving up smoking will also help.... why do i do this to myself.....

So, i went to our local no smoking Clinic to see what they could do to help, rip off my arms or something similar, they suggested Nicotine replacement or a Drug called champix that acts on the Nicotine receptors in the brain to help you not actually want nicotine... hey they sound great... do they do them for cream cakes ;)

So...... 13 days into the treatment..... I have not had a cigarette for 8 days, my health is improving, i can smell the difference between people who smoke and don't smoke.... unfortunatley the cravings for the cream cakes still haven't gone away....

In the past 6 weeks since the doctors diagnosis i have lost 1 stone (14lbs) in weight, my body fat has reduced from 33% (Yes a third of me was blubber) to 26% and i have stopped smoking.... GOD HELP TINA !!!! I MUST BE REALLY SHIT TO LIVE WITH.....

My darling wife thank you for putting up with my moods (Nothing new) and for giving me you unconditional love.... I love you right back XX

oops need to get back to work..... bye for now

3 comments:

Dina said...

Hi there!!! so good to see you are back into bloggy world!!

have you moved here already???

Tina and Julian said...

hiya, no still not there full time yet.... and really down about it.... we still have the business up for sale and as yet no joy, if it doesn't sell by Christmas then we are putting our house in UK up for sale so we will definetley be in Malta SOON !!!.

How is your family and the BUMP ;)

How you are all good and look forward to seeing you soon

Jules and Tina

steve said...

Hi Julian,

You did my OW theory day @ Leybourne in Sept 08 (Steve the fitness instructor).

Looks like the Malta thing is still on for you. My wife & I are also looking to make the move, just come back, stayed in Mellieha after looking at a few appartments there. Been diving with NDS in St Pauls (I am up to Rescue Diver now, going to do DM when we are in Malta permanently).

What's the score with cars out there, how expensive!, we are looking at taking one of our cars with us.

If you need a training partner or dive buddy in Malta, give me a shout (steve@bodycoach.co.uk).

Cheers & good luck with selling the business.

Steve